New Way Academy is looking for a Technology Teacher for elementary and high school for this upcoming fall, 2019-2020 school year. This position is responsible for creating classroom environments that develop each student’s awareness of the role of technology in their education.
- Comprehensively teach skills and knowledge of educational technology to students in a wide variety of grade levels.
- Develop and adapt lesson plans, curriculum and supplementary materials compatible with New Way’s philosophy which adhere to the needs of each individual student and sub-groups of students.
- Plan a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments and organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Instruct students in the proper use, care and safe handling of technology related equipment.
- Troubleshoot common student technology problems independently or with the support of the Technology Coordinator.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to create technology lessons to support their teaching objectives.
- Integrate technology into current lower and upper school curriculums.
- Assist Technology Coordinator with maintenance of computers and all devices.
- Teach or co-teach technology lessons with classroom teachers
- Differentiate instruction to remediate what students need to learn and push them to rigorous content understanding.
- Maintain and utilize accurate and up-to-date data regarding student achievement.
- Empower students through high expectations, consistent routines, and strategies for success.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with parents, students and colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with the level and content teams.
Characteristics and Qualities:
- Passionate about empowering students with unique learning profiles
- Innovative and creative
- Strong planner with an emphasis on execution
- Effective communicator, both internally and externally
- Team player
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
- Previous teaching experience
- Previous technology based experience
Certificate and License Requirements:
- Valid and up-to-date teaching certificate in Arizona, highly desirable
- Bachelor’s or higher degree with a preferred emphasis on special education from an accredited college or university
- Based on experience
- Full benefits including health, vision and dental
- Competitive 401K package
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com