Following the tenets of New Way Academy’s mission statement, “To educate students with learning differences to fulfill their potential,” the Admissions Team adheres to the following guidelines when determining a student’s eligibility and appropriateness for placement in at New Way Academy.
New Way Academy is able to provide targeted academic support in an optimum social environment for students that may have a formal diagnosis of:
- Language Based Learning Differences
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Speech Language Impairments & Apraxia
- Expressive & Receptive Language Disorder
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Spoken Language Disorder
- Specific Language Impairment
- Working Memory & Processing Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disability
- School Anxiety & Low-Self Esteem
All prospective applicants must have average or above cognitive abilities to be considered for admission.
New Way Academy is not designed to support students whose primary needs are behavioral, social or emotional; who require the assistance of an aide to navigate a school environment; who need reminders regarding self-care; or who have severe cognitive deficits.
While we cannot accommodate students with these challenges, we are happy to provide guidance towards the appropriate local educational setting.
My son went from dreading school with feelings of inadequacy to looking forward to all aspects of school, participating in football, basketball, and soccer, as well as a variety of social events, community service projects, and dances.
-New Way Mom