Investing in Your Child’s Future
New Way Academy is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that seeks and accepts students for admission without discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or gender.
Following the tenets of our mission statement, “To educate students with learning differences to fulfill their potential,” the Admissions Committee adheres to the following guidelines when determining a student’s eligibility and appropriateness for placement in our school.
New Way Academy is able to provide targeted academic support in an optimum social environment for students that may have a formal diagnosis of:
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
- Speech Language Impairments
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Expressive / Receptive Language Disorder
- Working memory / processing disorder
- Nonverbal learning disability
- School anxiety / low-self esteem
- Executive functioning and organizational skill challenges
- Twice Exceptionalities / Giftedness
- Asperger Syndrome
All prospective applicants must have average or above cognitive abilities to be considered for admission.
New Way Academy is not designed to support students whose primary needs are behavioral, social or emotional; who require the assistance of an aide to navigate a school environment; who need reminders regarding self-care; or who have severe cognitive deficits.
While we cannot accommodate students with these challenges, we are happy to provide guidance towards the appropriate local educational setting.
My son went from dreading school with feelings of inadequacy to looking forward to all aspects of school, participating in football, basketball, and soccer, as well as a variety of social events, community service projects, and dances.