New Way Academy is a private, independent school seeking qualified substitute teachers to join our academic team for the 2020-2021 school year. We serve grades K through 12, have small class sizes (An 8 to 1 ratio is average.) and promote a positive culture where students can grow socially and academically. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles but in their perseverance and the skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges.
New Way Academy has consistently over the years been a winner of Phoenix Business Journal’s Best Places to Work! Our 5 CORE values are: team, quality, ownership, open-minded and fun. Please take a few minutes to check out our special culture here on YouTube!
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Ensure an orderly and tidy classroom
- Adhere to all school-wide policies and procedures
- Follow the steps in the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher
- Communicate in a confidential and professional manner with staff, parents and students
- Past experience working in an educational or instructional setting
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required (or in process)
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Ability to comply with written oral and verbal instructions
- Willingness to stand for most hours of the day or sit for extensive periods of time
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent
- A true interest in working with students with learning differences
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com