Come be part of the team at New Way Academy this coming fall for the 2023-2024 School Year! We are an independent, Arizona State approved and accredited school for bright children with learning differences. Our school counselor adheres to the school’s mission to educate children with learning differences to fulfill their potential. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles, but in their perseverance, resilience, and skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges. Our students deserve a rigorous, differentiated and empowering education to help them realize their full potential.
We welcome you to explore our website and learn more about our unique school. At New Way, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. At New Way, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
New Way Academy is looking for a full time School Counselor. This is an opportunity to work in a private, non-profit, K through 12 school for students with learning differences. This position would work under the Director of Support Services and work closely with the school counselors, school psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, teachers and supportive administrative team. Additionally, New Way provides outstanding professional development throughout the school year for all staff.
- Experience providing individual and group counseling
- Knowledgeable of social skills interventions and experience leading social skills/counseling groups
- Experience providing crisis intervention
- Experience modeling and implement classroom management techniques to aid teachers in creating supportive classroom environment
- Experience supporting students, parents and teachers with student’s learning, behavioral, familial or social/emotional problems
- Experience supporting executive functioning needs
- Experience teaching classes related to social skills, executive functioning and social emotional support
- Experience interpreting psychoeducational evaluation results as they relate student services
- MA in Counseling or comparable degree
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Complimentary school lunch program
- Full benefits including health, vision and dental
- Competitive 401K package
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!