Speech and Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
Come be a part of the Speech and Language Therapy team at New Way Academy for the 2023-2024 school year. Our SLPAs integrate into classrooms as well as provide individualized therapy to support the school’s mission to educate children with learning differences to fulfill their potential. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles, but in their perseverance, resilience, and skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges. Our students deserve a rigorous, differentiated and empowering education to help them realize their full potential.
- The position offers a small caseload of an average of 12 students in 1-1 therapy and small group sessions, in addition to students served within the classroom setting
- Supervision by a full time, on-site speech-language pathologist
- Well-appointed therapy rooms with a variety of quality materials
- Expansive campus near 56th Street between McDowell and Thomas
- Opportunities to interface with other speech and language assistants and speech-language pathologists as well as a supportive group of special education teachers, psychologists, and occupational therapists.
- Collaborates with the supervising speech-language pathologist and follows established treatment plans to provide effective intervention.
- Teams up to plan lessons with partner teachers to provide integrated speech therapy to students in various classroom settings.
- Communicates in a positive, clear, and timely manner. SLPA uses professional language in oral and written communication.
- Data collection is clear and concise to reflect students’ ability levels.
- Commits to continuous learning and improving of clinical methods. SLPA takes initiative to learn new therapy methodologies.
- Completes assigned tasks in a reliable manner. SLPA actions support the mission of New Way and the speech and language department.
- Follows ASHA, Arizona SLPA licensing guidelines, and New Way Academy standards for ethical and professional practice.
- Position requires a current speech and language pathology assistant license.
- Competitive salary range based on experience
- Full benefits with medical, dental and vision plans
- Employer-sponsored lunch program
- Competitive 401K package
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!