Come be part of the teaching team at New Way Academy this coming fall for the 2023-2024 School Year! We are an independent, Arizona State approved and accredited school for bright children with learning differences. Our Occupational Therapist adheres to the school’s mission to assist children with learning differences to fulfill their potential. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles, but in their perseverance, resilience, and skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges. Our students deserve a rigorous, differentiated and empowering education to help them realize their full potential. We welcome you to visit our website at www.newwayacademy.org to learn more about our unique school. At New Way, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Supervise a team of five occupational therapy assistants.
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team of special education teachers, speech pathologists, psychologists and executive function specialists.
- Assess students using appropriate evaluation tools including standardized tests, clinical observations, and review of medical and educational reports to determine need for therapy intervention plans.
- Document evaluations, progress reports, daily notes, and classroom integration strategies.
- Lead collaborative consultations with classroom teachers and other school staff regarding student needs in a range of school environments (classroom, playground, cafeteria, etc..)
- Consult with parents and/or guardians regarding students’ therapy programs.
- Develop and execute a vision for the occupational therapy space on campus, including specialized equipment required for therapy services and student needs.
- Provide professional development training to teachers.
- Maintain clinical and administrative records in accordance with state guidelines and New Way policy.
- Current Arizona OT license
- Arizona Level 1 fingerprint clearance card
- Degree from accredited school or program
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, principles and methods of occupational therapy, as well as current literature, trends and developments in the field.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate evaluating tools, equipment, and assistive technology available to use in therapy.
- Ability to effectively manage a team of five COTAs, building a culture that reflects our school’s core values of Community, Respect, Ownership, Quality, and Fun.
- Ability to screen, evaluate and provide required occupational therapy services.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and to develop reports from those records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships amongst a team of 80 educators.
- Effective communication skills while working alongside students, staff members, and parents.
- Have excellent time-management skills, be attentive to detail, and have the ability to work independently and alongside others.
- An eagerness to be part of a highly collaborative department.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- A desire for ongoing professional growth.
- Proficient in Google Drive, Gmail and Google Calendar
Compensation for a 10 month - Monday through Friday - paid position:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Complimentary school lunch program
- Full benefits including health, vision and dental
- Competitive 401K package
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!