Long-Term Substitute Teacher
New Way Academy is a private, independent school seeking qualified long-term substitute teachers to join our academic team this coming 2023-2024 School Year. As a non-profit, private school, our mission is to create a dynamic school experience that empowers children with learning differences to maximize their potential and prepare for life beyond our doors. We continually strive to provide exemplary educational instruction, state-of-the-art remediation for areas of challenge, optimal social experiences, and the opportunity to unlock strengths and talents. As a result, New Way develops confident lifelong learners who lead enhanced, productive lives and serve as positive examples of what individuals with learning differences can achieve. We welcome you to visit our website at www.newwayacademy.org to learn more about our unique school. At New Way, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Ensure an orderly and tidy classroom
- Adhere to all school-wide policies and procedures
- Follow the steps in the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher
- Communicate in a confidential and professional manner with staff, parents, and students
- Past experience working in an educational or instructional setting
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required (or in process)
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Ability to comply with written oral and verbal instructions
- Willingness to stand for most hours of the day or sit for extensive periods of time
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent
- Based on experience in a range of $150-$200 per day for this 12 week placement for a maternity leave
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!