We would love for you to join our team of Substitute Teachers for the 2023-2024 School School Year! New Way Academy is a private, nonprofit school seeking qualified substitute teachers to join our academic team. We serve grades K through 12, have small class sizes and promote a positive culture where students can grow socially and academically. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles, but in their perseverance and the skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges. Experience in an educational setting is strongly preferred with an interest to work with students with learning differences.
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Ensure an orderly and tidy classroom
- Adhere to all school-wide policies and procedures
- Follow the steps in the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher
- Communicate in a confidential and professional manner with staff, parents and students
- Past experience working in an educational or instructional setting
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required (or in process)
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Ability to comply with written oral and verbal instructions
- Willingness to stand for most hours of the day or sit for extensive periods of time
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent
- This is a W-9 position paying $150 per instructional day.
- Complimentary school lunch
Thank you for submitting your application. We will contact you shortly!