January 27, 2023
The part time (1 to 2 days per week – 5 to 15 hours per week) maintenance technician performs a variety of specialized duties related to all aspects of maintaining facilities and construction of New Way campus. Ensure clean, sanitary, healthy conditions throughout the facility and grounds. Duties include performing routine maintenance functions: minor plumbing, electrical and skilled technical repairs; maintaining proper working order of equipment and other maintenance projects on campus.
- Performs routine maintenance duties, both preventative and corrective. Repairs a variety of equipment, systems, and/or structural items for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Keeps the Executive Director informed about ongoing activities and emerging issues.
- Address immediate operational and/or safety concerns.
- Avoids disrupting building activities except during emergencies.
- Deals with unexpected situations (e.g., equipment failure, system malfunction, etc.) in a professional manner.
- Follow approved safety procedures while working (e.g., wear appropriate safety gear, secure work areas, etc.)
- Purchases/rents parts and equipment while following school procurement policies.
- Reports discipline problems, vandalism, graffiti, equipment malfunctions, and other related concerns.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- High School diploma or GED
- Advanced technical skills in preventative maintenance and repair procedures preferred (e.g., mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, etc.)
- School maintenance or closely related work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Fingerprint Clearance Card