Come join the team at New Way Academy as our Director of Development. As a non-profit, private school, our mission is to create a dynamic school experience that empowers children with learning differences to maximize their potential and prepare for life beyond our doors. We continually strive to provide exemplary educational instruction, state-of-the-art remediation for areas of challenge, optimal social experiences, and the opportunity to unlock strengths and talents. As a result, New Way develops confident lifelong learners who lead enhanced, productive lives and serve as positive examples of what individuals with learning differences can achieve. We welcome you to visit our website at www.newwayacademy.org to learn more about our unique school. At New Way, we embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
Under the management of the Executive Director, the Director of Development’s primary responsibility is to oversee all fundraising efforts as a member of the Administrative Team. This position maintains a 12-month contract.
- Direct the school’s development plan, establishing annual and long (3-5 year) range goals and objectives for the development office based on the school’s strategic plan
- Prepare individual communication, cultivation and solicitation plans for each donor/prospect to include personal phone calls and notes, invitations to special events, timing and thoughtful approach to each relationship
- Develop resources, research funding sources, and write proposals to a variety of foundations and corporations that align with the school’s priorities
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with New Way’s Administrative Team to establish joint efforts with the finance, admissions, and marketing teams
- Manage budget, goals and benchmarks for multiple school events and fundraising campaigns
- Develop an understanding of Arizona’s tax credit program and develop a targeted plan to leverage both the individual and corporate tax credits
- At least three years working in a fundraising role
- Experience working in an Arizona non-profit organization
- Competence and confidence in Raiser’s Edge database management
- Strong track record of developing donor relationships
- Passion for non-profit education and individuals with learning disabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills used both internally and externally
- Creative thought process and ability to execute initiatives
- Ability to exercise good judgment and ethical decision-making related to development activities, interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others
B.A. in communications, public relations and/or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a comparable field with 3-5 years experience within a non-profit organization.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Complimentary school lunch program
- Full benefits including health, vision and dental
- Competitive 401K package