New Way Academy Support Staff and After School Club Coordinator
New Way Academy is looking for a part-time support staff and After School Club Coordinator for the 2019-2020 school year. Our teachers and staff support the school’s mission to educate children with learning differences to fulfill their potential. New Way Academy students are unique not only in their learning styles, but in their perseverance, resiliency, and skills they develop to overcome their learning challenges. Our students deserve a rigorous, differentiated, and empowering education to help them realize their full potential.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Implement daily after school club activities.
- Support the New Way culture that promotes cooperation, learning and enjoyment.
- Implement PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) program with students.
- Maintain and ensure safe student pick up from afternoon clubs.
- Supervise all student activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Perform clerical and clean-up duties as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training sessions, when required.
- Assist students needing support and refer to Head of School, Director of Support Services and administration as needed.
- Collaborate with administration, specialists and teachers.
- Provide coverage for teachers as needed.
Characteristics and Qualities:
- Passionate about empowering students with unique learning profiles
- Innovative and creative
- Strong planner with an emphasis on execution
- Effective communicator, both internally and externally
- Team player
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
- Previous teaching experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer one year experience working with school-age children in a group setting.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Relate students, parents and staff in a positive manner.
- Require Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card (within 10 days of hire)
- Up to $15.00 an hour, 15 to 20 hours per week, afternoons and Fridays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com